Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Marvellous Landscape of My Dreams

I suppose I should have posted this yesterday for Friday the 13th. It's not really fitting for Valentine's Day, huh? Well, I'm not one for tradition. I'm still exploring Photoshop brushes from Annika Von Holdt and the whole Gothic feel is still with me. You have to go with your Muse and create what she dictates.

After a bit of searching, I found where this verse came from. It is from the poet Edna St. Vincent Millay's translation of Charles Baudelair's poem, "Flowers of Evil". It's a little hard to read on the collage, so here it is:

That marvellous landscape of my dream
Which no eye knows, nor ever will
At moments, wide awake, I seem
To grasp, and it excites me still.

-- Edna St. Vincent Millay, Flowers of Evil (N.Y: Harper and Brothers, 1936)

Isn't Google wonderful! ;)

No comments: