Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lucky Lady Dip

Here is a group of ATC's I just completed for a swap called, "Lucky Lady Dip". The idea is to pick from a list of over 50 titles of themed "ladies" to make. It's a 4 for 4 swap, so you make 4 and you'll get 4 back. The four titles I picked were: Gothic Goddess, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Marionette and Lady Gray Ghost.

Obviously the one pictured above is the Gothic Goddess. I colored her face in with white charcoal pencil just to give her a little more contrast. I added a background of two layers of black lace and then a layer of black tulle over the whole thing. Oh, I almost forgot. I added two tiny black buttons to her coat!

This next one is my Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. I really love the way these all turned out. I'm going to hate getting rid of them! For her card, I made the background with Gold Micaflake. It's this wonderful product from Golden that I found at DickBlick online. It's just as shiny as the photo shows. I LOVE it! Then I embellished her gown with different sizes of Swarovski crystals. I can't decide which card is my favorite.

Next is Marionette. I tried to make her a puppet, obviously, with that name. If you look closely you can see the threads I tied around her finger and on her right side. She's supposed to be on a stage and the strings reach up into the rafters to her puppeteer.

And finally we have Lady Gray Ghost. I had a vague idea of a vintage lady with tattered gown and hat. I found this photo when I searched for "lady gray ghost" on Google. It's a costume! Perfect. So I painted up some cheesecloth in a dove gray and added that along with some white lace. And of course a cameo to finish it off.

These were all so much fun to do. I hate to get rid of them though. But I'm curious to see what I get in return!

No comments: