Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Letting Go

When I set out to make this digital piece, I was thinking about how much I miss my Mom and my bout with grief. It's a long journey that I'm working through in my journals and my art. Today I came upon this poem that really spoke to me. It's not about grief, specifically, but about letting go of the past. It made me feel a little better and I love the words:

You Must Let It Go

You cannot erase the past; you must let it go.
You cannot change yesterday; you must accept the lessons learned.
You cannot stop time or stand still in a world racing around in circles,
you must dance with the wind and sing with the songs that are playing.
Let whatever mistakes you have made remain in the shadows of time gone by,
and let love be the answer to the mysteries of life.

~~ Author Unknown ~~

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Thats beautiful!! I love the poem and your piece. I always look forward to visitng your blog.You inspire me.
Big HUGS!
Jackie

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful art piece and the poem is indeed moving. Thank you for sharing this- it is hard to let go...art helps me! Thank you for your thoughtful comments- they mean alot!

Renee said...

This piece is really beautiful Pam.

I am sorry that you are grieving for your Mom.

Renee xoxo