Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Tears In Heaven

This is a mixed media collage that I made using a set of the monoprints I mentioned in my last post. The canvas is 5" x 5" and is part of a series I'm working on called, "Finding My Way Home". This is very personal artwork dealing with the death of my mother and coming to terms with my grief.

If you look real closely you'll see a face in the lower left corner. That is from the Digital Grounds images I made a while back. That is one of the faces I printed out onto tulle. I loved how the colors of the papers under the tulle were perfect for the face when I placed it there. I have already finished another canvas and I'll post that one soon. I still want to live with a day or so before I decide if it's really finished. ;)

I'm thinking about incorporating all of these little canvases onto a larger work when they are finished. It just depends on how many I end up making! Or, I guess I could choose my favorites and use those. For right now I'll just work as the Muse guides me.

By the way, I think I found the perfect piece to add to the woven-fabric collage. I'm working with it right now and hope to finish that one soon.

No comments: