Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Something To Aim For!

This is exactly the type of look I want for my next doll. I love this face! The eyes, especially, have the look I'm going for. It's kind of Gothic, kind of Harlequin, kind of sad...all mixed together. I love the muted colors, too; just perfect! And this gorgeous doll was made by Val Zeitler.

I found this doll in a new book I just bought called, Cloth Doll Artistry, by Barbara Willis. It's a great resource full of instructions and ideas for designing the dolls and their costumes. It covers both flat dolls and fully sculpted ones, as well. It's a wonderful book and I highly recommend it!

I will finish my cloth-clay primitive doll and will post photos of her soon. She's turning out to be very interesting. Not too bad for a first attempt at sculpting a face over cloth. I'm most proud of the fact that I completed it and she can hang on my wall as my "first attempt" to remind me where I started!

No comments: