Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Transformation

I found a wonderful website called Digital Whisper (see sidebar for link). It's a site for artists devoted mainly to digital art. This is right up my alley! While I'm really starting to experiment in the more traditional art forms I will always love my digital art. And, as you have seen in the last couple of posts, digital art can very easily be incorporated into your 3-D art with image transfers. So you can really get the best of both worlds!

I made this piece in response to the weekly challenge at Digital Whisper. We were just given the image of a red chair and asked to see where that took us. I loved the red! The color made me think of roses so I added roses to the background of the chair to make it look like a print. The rest is all layers and layers of Photoshop work. At last count I think there were about 20 layers to this piece. I'm not sure if it's entirely finished yet. I'll live with it for another day or so and then add it to the challenge.

I'm also printing out some more of my Digital Grounds samples and will be posting those soon.

No comments: