Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Permission To Dance

This is my latest encaustic: "Permission To Dance". It's 9" x 12" encaustic on wood panel. I think it's interesting that I'm into this pink/yellow/green mode with my color choices now. These aren't the colors I'm normally drawn to. But looking over the work I've done this past couple of weeks, my Muse seems to want to play with them.

This piece was a totally new departure. It's painted entirely in layers of Pan Pastels and encaustic medium. The incised lines and dots are filled in with oil paint. I read on Linda Womack's blog (love her encaustics!) about her experiments with the Pan Pastels. She said she wanted to try an entire painting using them. So did I after seeing her results.

I recently ordered a bunch of new colors and decided to see how they would do with the encaustic medium. Dreamy!! Plus, it saves on the cost of encaustic paints if I can alternate between the two. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities! I will definitely be playing more with the Pan Pastels in my future ecaustic work.

On another note, in Monica Zuniga's "Inspire Me" workshop I did this painting on watercolor paper. I call it "Roses For A Blue Lady".

Again with the color palette! But I enjoyed playing with watercolors for this piece! This portrait was painted entirely in watercolors, white acrylic paint and watercolor pencils. Loving the results I get with that combination. Then I just added some collage material, napkins, stencils and acrylic paints in the background. I LOVED her last lesson and she just posted another one for drawing/painting dolls. Anyone who knows me knows I have a BIG soft spot for anything to do with dolls. So my attempt at that may be coming soon.

That's it for today. Just finished the encaustic piece. Hours fly by when I'm playing with these! The whole afternoon is gone but I love the results.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Girlie...
I love this piece and what a beautiful name. Permission to dance has all kinds of ideas swirling in my head. I love the colors. I can really see you growing as an artist.
Pam Carriker had a pan pastel and encaustic piece in cloth paper scissors? Did You see it? Do the pan pastels have the feel of shivas? What do they feel like?
On another note , I am off to join Monica's class. I can no longer stand it but it's all your fault:)

Sherry said...

This is really pretty. I think it is very me!