Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

I Stand Alone

This is the latest encaustic piece I'm working on. I may still add some more medium to it. It's called, "I Stand Alone". I did another shellac burn with this one but this time I used Bronze Metallic pigment. I got a little too much on it, but I'm learning. I think overall it turned out pretty good.

This was the first time I used the encaustic gesso before working on a piece. I put on three coats of the gesso, sanding between coats. Then I applied two layers of encaustic medium, a layer of white encaustic paint, the image and then three more layers of encaustic medium. The image was printed onto rice paper and adhered with the medium. I love how the rice paper sinks into the wax. Easy to adhere!

I'll be practicing more with everything this weekend. I'm wanting to incorporate different elements for the collaged pieces. Right now, both pieces with the shellac burn are mounted in my living room and I'm enjoying them!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Wow! You are on a roll, all these pieces are just wonderful. I really like the circus one, I've been playing around with circus/carnival ideas as well. I don't even like the circus or clowns. Weird.

And those encaustics are awesome! Love the burn techniques. I'd be too scared to try it, so I'm Glad you are doing it, so I can see what it looks like. :)

studio pashnada said...

this is beautiful Pam
I can't wait to see more
winter came here again today so I'm skipping work to do some experimenting in the studio
FUN
only wish I'd bought some shellac yesterday