Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Balancing Act

Here is another collage I've made for the Baker's Dozen Collage Exchange (see previous posts). I found a great glue for adhering magazine paper: Zip Dry. I got mine at Michael's but I've seen it at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Hobby Lobby, too. This glue does NOT wrinkle the magazine paper when you apply it!

I also had great luck in my first image transfer using packing tape. I adhered the packing tape over a magazine image of a little girl, burnished it really well with a bone folder and then soaked it in warm water for about 15 minutes. Afterward, the paper peels off easily from the back of the tape. Once removed, you get a transparent image that's gorgeous! The little girl superimposed onto the meditating woman is the transfer I'm referring to. I know it doesn't work with inkjet images; you have to use laser printed images.

No comments: