Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Working Through It


This Gentle Surgery

Once more the black blade of a morning breeze
glides almost too easily through me,

and from the scuffle I've been sutured to
some flap of me is freed: I am severed

like a simile: an honest tenor
trembling toward the vehicle I mean

to be: a blackbird licking half notes
from the muscled, sap-damp branches

of the sugar maple tree... though I am still
a part of any part of every particle

of me, though I'll be softly reconstructed
by the white gloves of metonymy,

I grieve: there is no feeling in a cut
that doesn't heal a bit too much.

by Malachi Black

Just doing a bit more journal work. I can't seem to do much to please some people this week. Trying to work through it.  ;)

7 comments:

Junibears said...

Such a colouful explosion! Love it!!
Hoping you have a better week. xx

Anonymous said...

I adore your art, so beautiful! As far as pleasing others, we cant...best to live a life that poleases ourselves(not in a selfish way) after all at the end of the day, we are all we have...

hugs

Pam Tucker said...

June: Thank you! The week can only get better. ;)

David: Thank YOU! Can you just follow me around all day whispering support and wisdom in my ear? ;) Of course you're right. I don't know how many times I need to learn that lesson in my life about pleasing others. Big Hug to you!!

Bill said...

The first thing I thought of when I looked at your page was an explosion of color. I see Junibears thought the same thing. Wonderful! I just hope that poem doesn't mean you're going to cut off your ear or something. I don't think it helped Van Gogh at all.

Pam Tucker said...

Bill: Ha! No, it isn't quite that bad. All my friends help me through the bad times. Thanks for the smiles. :)

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful color and expressiona in this piece Pam. The amazing Poem has such stong imagery too - a beautiful post! Your painted pony piece is brilliant- totally enchanted!

Pam Tucker said...

Lori: Oh, thank you so much! You're always so supportive. I really appreciate your input. It means a lot. :)