Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And The Music Plays On


Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way

And the sun will set for you
The sun will set for you
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in gray
And the sun will set for you

So I'm obsessed with music lately. These are lyrics from "Shadow of The Day," one of my favorite songs from Linkin Park. Do you ever get a song in your head and it just won't leave? This one has stayed with me for days. But I really love it so it's okay that it's playing over and over. And maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm also playing it repeatedly on my iPod while I write or work in my art journal.   ;)

I'm still trying to adjust to a regular schedule now that I'm home from my trip. I'm also trying to get my emotions back on track. So listening to music, thinking about a lot I left behind leaves me sad. I need to move on and rejoin the here and now.

I knew I'd be feeling like this when I returned and I was hoping I could find a distraction. I didn't really plan it quite this close but I'm taking an online painting course. The first week happened to fall while I was away so I'm already a week behind. But this will make me focus. I thought it sounded like a great class. It's called Paint Free and it's taught by Wyanne. She wants to help you develop your unique painting style; not one that mimics someone else. Well, we shall see what develops! Stay tuned.

That's one of the things I do like about digital art. It's nice to do in Photoshop what I wish I could do with paint and brush. So if I could paint properly, I'd do a piece like the digital one above.  ;)  I did happen to stop at a real, bricks and mortar DickBlick Art Supply store while in Columbus. Ooh, I found some yummy encaustic paints that I had not seen in their catalog. Yep, I grabbed them up and now I'm trying to decide what to paint with them. So, I'm thinking all of this through. I'm sure something will come to me and I'll be back to "normal" soon.


6 comments:

Jackie said...

Welcome Home :) I love your digital piece and I hope Wyanne's class has as much impact on you as it did me. Of course , right now I am not doing much artistically . Trying to find some balance.Enjoying my sookie books , lost in the vampire world. Thanks again for letting me borrow .
Big hugs,
Jackie

Pam Tucker said...

Jackie: Thanks to you I found Wyanne's class! Yes, the vampire world is always calling my name. I escape there every chance I get! ;) Big hug to you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

music is so powerful, it has the ability to transport us to a place and time, sometimes forgotten...magic.

welcome home;)

Pam Tucker said...

David: Yes, exactly! Music is very powerful. The magic of another world is very alluring... Thanks for the welcome home! ;)

Bill said...

If the class is "Paint Free," how come it costs $68.00? (Yes, that is just me being stupid.) I absolutely love the tree in your picture. The placement of all the elements is perfect. Beautiful work.

Pam Tucker said...

Bill: You're so silly! ;) You always make me smile and I need that right now. And thank you for the kind compliment on my digi piece!