Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Let Go


I put this together over the last couple of days. I think of it as a digital art journal page. This is another digital/drawing combination. I drew and colored the girl lightly with colored pencils and then scanned and painted over her in Photoshop. The rest is all Photoshop and digital kits. I call this Letting Go because this is how I love to paint when I do get out the easel and paints. Splash it on, splatter it around and let it drip. I love that look, the freedom that comes with it and all the release!

The words are lyrics from a song by Mutemath called Spotlight. This verse always gets to me. It reads: "...the one thing you're fighting to hold, will be the one thing you've got to let go" Those words are so true for so many things in life. I think you are probably still learning this lesson from the time you start to rebel as a youth, up until you die. I know I am still struggling with it at times.

But I am a stubborn person and it takes me longer to learn lessons than others. Could be the Taurus in me. ;) Regardless, these words rang true for me this week and I wanted to journal about them. I did in my written journal; for pages and pages. But then I wanted to make something visual and this is what I came up with after I drew the girl. That helps. Now I can move on to the next issue my stubborn self wants to hold on to...

4 comments:

Junibears said...

This is a lovely journal page Pam. Love the words and love your drawing again, Hugs
June xx

Lori Saul said...

A wonderful piece Pam- I can feel the freedom and release in your strokes and design. The words are wise as well- it reminds me of Yoga moves (the pose that hurts the most is the one you need to practice the most)!

Sherry said...

I really like this journal page. I love the girl you started with - it all gels with me.

Bill said...

The piece is just fantastic! You do eyes very well. They always draw you in. But I especially love the drips. I love grunge!