Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chunky Book Love

I love chunky books! It's been awhile since I had participated in a chunky book swap so I signed up for this one with the theme: Home Sweet Home. These are listed in order of my favorites. This first photo is called, "Home of the Muse". I used my own handmade fabric paper as the background and embellished with napkins, chipboard, mica (for the window) and a white picket fence! I really had a good time with these. I love house images and seem to use them a lot in my own art.

This second one is called, "Home is Paris". I used two of the Digital Grounds "skins" that I made on soft gel medium. They were a dream to work with! The background is this cool wrapping paper with a French theme.

This next house is called, "House of Memories". It has more of a vintage theme. I used mainly scrapbook papers and bits and pieces of collage papers. I did have fun using a Tim Holtz Fragment as a little window. Those were a fun find!

This last one is called, "Childhood Home". I wanted to give it a playful feeling so I used a lot of vintage images of children, a page from a vintage French schoolbook and little bits of ribbon.

I did finish my masks and will post those soon, along with some more sketches I've been making in my art journal. That's it for now.

No comments: