Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Looking at Grief: A Journal Page


"That time
I thought I could not
go any closer to grief 
without dying

I went closer,
and I did not die..."

-- Mary Oliver

This journal page materialized on its own. I added the two figures and bumped up the color with markers and Photoshop. 

I often use CitraSolv painted onto National Geographic magazine pages in my art and my journals. You can see more about the process here. When I was tearing out the solvent-soaked pages from the magazine this one emerged. 

Usually I'll have a page spread of pretty colors all melted together. Then I'll tear them up and use them in my art. This one, I LOVED just as it is. I scanned it into Photoshop so I'll always have a copy to play with. The original is framed. 

I've started another blog where I post just my art journal pages. It's here if you want to check it out. Have a great week everybody! 

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Hugs, Valerie

Pat Tillett said...

How come, when I doodle, it looks like a bad doodle. When you do it, it comes out looking like a piece of art?

Pam Tucker said...

Thank you both! Ha, Pat, you should see most of my doodles... ;)

Martin said...

Magnificient! How the colours melt and form a beautiful jungle (made of memories of a loved one gone?)

Love the quote too.