Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Holy Cow!

Approx. 6" x 10", Alcohol Ink on Yupo

Yes, I painted a cow! Hubby teaches in the College of Agriculture and I painted this for his office. There is a really cool website called PaintMyPhoto.ning. It allows photographers and artists to work together. You find a photo you want to paint, give the photographer credit and you can use it as a reference. This is from a photo by Nicola McLean:


It is painted with alcohol inks on Yupo paper. I'm still working with that medium. I'm learning to manipulate the inks better. 

I will link to Paint Party Friday when the link goes live. And thank you, Eva, for pointing out that Nic McLean is also a member of Paint Party Friday! Ha! Small world.  ;)  Have a great weekend everybody! 

13 comments:

Bev said...

This is great Pam love the touch of purple....I'm also a member there but haven't used any photos yet...

EVA said...

Hi Pam

So cute and great colours! Nic McLean?? Really Is that our PPF Nic McLean> I bet it is - such a small world!

Pam Tucker said...

Thanks Bev. I will look you up on the site. What a great resource that is. :)

Eva, I didn't even make the connection! Yes, it probably IS the same Nicola McLean from PPF. A small world, indeed! ;)

Valerie-Jael said...

A really MOOvelous cow! Hugs, Valerie

GlorV1 said...

I love cows with their beautiful eyes and mooing ways. Ah yes, Nicola and her love of God's creatures never ceases to amaze me. Love the cow with Alcohol Ink. I've never tried that. Great job. I noticed that you have Warhol's self-portrait on your sidebar. I just did some research on him yesterday. I was curious about him. I was thinking of doing some of his paintings this year. Have a great day.

Pam Tucker said...

Thank you Gloria. Yes, I LOVE Andy Warhol. That is my version of his portrait on my sidebar that I painted with encaustic paints. I look at it every day! :)

Geckostone said...

Oh your cow is wonderful Pam!!! Love the blues!!

caitlyn (ladyphlogiston) said...

SO cool! I love seeing the way alcohol inks interact. Hopefully his meetings will go smoother for having an awesome artwork in the room :)

BLOGitse said...

Oooh what a cute cow. I'd like to have it on my wall...

Cindy D. said...

Great cow face! They are such funny creatures. Great colors too!

Studio Kaufmann said...

Wow I really love your cow. I love using alcohol inks too. So much fun. Happy PPF

Pat Tillett said...

Very surreal! I'm glad you didn't include the ear tag!

Pam Tucker said...

Pat, I just couldn't put those in. :)
The gal that took the photo said she did so BECAUSE she noticed all the holes in the ear.