Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Playing With Layered Impressions


I am taking a wonderful class by Katie Kendrick called Layered Impressions. This painting is from one of the lessons. Hubby says she looks like she's hungover.  ;-)  I don't know. I kind of like the result. Starting with a found image we were to add our own touches with paint and collage. The goal wasn't to get a realistic face but just to see what the papers and paint were leading us to do. This class is so much fun! Katie has a very laid back teaching style and I love the techniques she's showing us.

Also this week I'm getting ready for my trip home to Ohio to visit with my friends. I'll be leaving next weekend and will be gone for a week or so. I'm really looking forward to that. My knee is still giving me fits but it is trying to heal (slowly).

I'm working on a few other pieces right now and hope to post again before I leave for my trip. Have a great week everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she looks like Cindi Lauper....she is beautiful dear Puck :)

Carol said...

I love her too! I'm taking the class also but didn't get to start right away so I haven't gotten to this stage yet...soon!!! I'm loving the class and her teaching style.:)

Serri Miller said...

Great piece - such strong design! I am super-tickled to see that Ms. Kendrick offers the class online, too. I'll be eagerly watching her website for the next session.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the layered technique. Glad you are enjoying your classes. Have fun when you go home! Hugs, Valerie

Clare said...

I love the colours you have used and the abstract feel about the piece. looks like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

I like the way you altered her face, very abstracted....also, I think she looks more contemplative than hung over, but just my two cents ;)
Have a wonderful trip!

Unknown said...

LOL your husband is very similar to mine in his wonderful comments ...Mine always has some comment like that to say...and he is serious

Love your art, girl
It is wonderful
KAT

Lori Saul said...

I think she is amazing against a gorgeous layered background. Her starkness and eyes looking upward do hint to perhaps regrets and emotional resurrection. Fabulous Pam. Hope you have a great trip- Hubby and I are off to Chicago this weekend too for a few days- (our first trip there) ! Take care!

Pat Tillett said...

I really like how abstract it looks and I love the background.