This is a piece I did a few years ago when I was experimenting with adding CitraSolv to National Geographic magazine pages. I have a nice stash now and frequently add them to my paintings and collages. Here I've also added some gold leaf along with some copper and bronze pigments. Then I covered the entire canvas in resin. That's the glare you see on the edge of the canvas. After I finished, I thought the round piece looked like it could be a stone. The entire thing reminded me of an excavation site so I named it Discovery.
This week in the Summer of Color we are working with yellow (or shades of it). I hope to have some new pieces to show in the coming weeks. Things are finally slowing down on the landscaping and I'll be able to get back to my painting. ;)