Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Soul Searching

I entered this digital collage in this month's Artella Studio Kit contest. It's called, "Soul Searching". You use any part of the monthly digital kit in your art and enter it in the contest. Part of the background paper is from the kit; I've changed it a lot. One of the additions is a photo of a hallway in a castle. It was perfect for this paper! It looks like it goes on forever.

The girl is a new face I'm working on in my journal. I scanned the sketch before I started coloring her with the pencils so I'll have a "clean" copy of her in my files. I'm not very good at "painting" in Photoshop but I did give her some color in her eyes and lips. That's another element of Photoshop I want to learn more about.

I'm taking my time with the journal page so it will be a while before it's finished. I can't seem to settle on the background. I've got a whole table full of different themed elements but nothing has really spoken to me yet. I have colored and painted her. Now she needs a background!

Oh, check out the video in my sidebar. It describes Monica Zuniga's awesome workshops she teaches at her Hands and Heart ning site (link also on the sidebar). She gives you a background on each workshop and shows you her gorgeous artwork that she will teach you to make in each class. She's a fantastic teacher! I am enrolled in her pencil drawing class right now. We are learning how to draw realistic faces. I'm doing the exercises from the first class: drawing eyes. I practiced with the girl in this journal page. You can't really see the detail here because of the digital manipulation. After I finish the page I will post her again. So check out the video. It's worth it!

No comments: