Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2019

2019: Year of the Collage

I just finished a wonderful class taught by Melinda Tidwell called The Fine Art of Book Collage. It involves deconstructing vintage paperback and hardback books and then using the parts in abstract collage. I LOVED it. This collage was made from mostly hardback books. It's called "From Betty with Love".


This collage is called "The Luxurious Life" and it's made from mainly vintage paperback book parts. I plan on making a lot of these. I have deconstructed tons of vintage hardbacks and paperbacks that I got free from the local library.

In addition I have been continuing with portrait drawing and painting. I've added digital work too since I upgraded my iPad. The three images below were done digitally. They printed out beautifully.





I have all of my portraits on my Instagram account under the name magpiestudiodesigns. I know it has been over a year since I posted and I've considered deleting this blog. I will keep it for now and post new work as I finish it.

I am taking a year long class called Year of the Collage from Carla Sonheim's website. There are different teachers every three months and it's all been very inspiring so far!


No comments: