Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

More Portrait Fun



I just finished another amazing class with Misty Mawn. I always come away inspired after her yearly workshop. This one was no different.

She introduced a new (to me) technique of working with pastels and I loved the effects. These two stylized portraits, using Andy Warhol as a reference image, were done with that technique. It's fun drawing and re-drawing the same image just to see how it differs each time. And painting with the pastels was just the icing on the cake.

Although my work is shifting in lots of different directions lately, I will always come back to the portrait for the pure enjoyment of it. I love drawing and painting faces and then collecting my paintings into a "rogue's gallery" that I thoroughly enjoy looking through. ;)

2 comments:

ULKAU said...

It's a very cool portrait! I like the light shining eyes! Ulrike

Pam Tucker said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)