Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Dreams

11" x 14", Acrylic       

I am in the summer mode! Also in the experimental mode. :-) This is from an exercise in a book I just love: Realistic Abstracts, by Kees van Aalst. So many cool ideas in there! And lots of inspiration. I have a similar one in the works with a different color scheme. We'll see how that one turns out.  

I also just returned from a 10-day visit with my dear friend in Columbus, OH. I miss my home!! *sob* We had a great time and the Columbus Arts Festival was going on so I was able to take that in. LOTS of gorgeous art to see and a few more ideas to take away from there (plus a very cool T-shirt)! 

My sister has commissioned me to do a painting (though I hope she doesn't seriously think I'm going to take money from her...) and I'm still kicking around ideas for that. Ahh, the pressure! ;-) We kind of agreed on one thing but now I'm re-thinking that idea. I'll have to have another conversation with her after looking over the ideas in this book...

I hope you all are having a great start to your weekend. As for me, I've got more painting to do!

11 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

That is pretty darn cool and I like it! I used to see skies like that back in the day (wink wink).

Pam Tucker said...

Lol! Thanks, Pat. I think I may have seen a few skies like that myself! ;-)

Bev said...

Hi Pam your painting is stunning love the colours they are vibrant , glad u had a break and hope u are feeling good ,, u are brave to take on a commission and know she will love it ,,, take care
hugz bev

Pam Tucker said...

Thanks Bev. I've had a great little vacation and am back at the painting full force! Hope all is well with you. Big Hug!

not displayed said...

Beautiful painting. The colours are wonderful

Netty said...

terrific painting Pam, good to hear you had a great vacation. Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun painting, love what you have made, and it's good to see you around again! Hugs, Valerie

Pam Tucker said...

Mynx: Hello there! And thank you so much! Hope all is well with you. :-)

Netty: Hi Netty and thank you! Hugs to you!

Valerie: Hello, my friend! Thank you. You've been inspiring me with all of your work on your blog! Hugs to you, too!

Sherry said...

Nice picture. Very summer-like.

Pam Tucker said...

Sherry: Thank you, sis! I'm working on yours now! :-)

Martin said...

Amazing colours in vivid motion. The sky seems to be as much on fire as the sea.