Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heartfelt: Journal Page


"There are places in the heart that do not yet exist;
suffering has to enter in for them to come to be."
-- Leon Bloy

I've been working in my art journal this week. I started out with doodling hearts and flowers. This emerged. I felt the urge to get out needle and thread! The striped piece in the background is a fabric remnant. Can't sew very well but for a journal spread it'll do. ;-) I see hearts emerging in my journal a lot lately. Not sure why but I'll go with it; very therapeutic. I saved this quote when I came across it a while back. Now I'm glad I did. I used it on another page. Have a great week everybody!

7 comments:

Bill said...

Wow, that's deep. The colors are so beautiful in your page, and I think the sewing is exactly perfect for it!

Netty said...

Loving the stitching and beautiful colours and shapes on your page. x

Lisabella Russo said...

Very pretty, I like the enlarged type of heartfelt on the figure.

Clare said...

I love the quote - I think we all to often try everything to hide from suffering when we really need to let it in and see what it has to teach us. I love the colours melted together and bound with thread to create a soft haze of image and thought

Crystal said...

Wow, you journal is so cool! :-)

Anne Manda said...

This is so pretty and the sewing is a quirky, unexpected touch, that really makes it special. The quote is awesome.

Pat Tillett said...

Yet another great piece. It seems to come so easily for you. Of course, I'll never know the process on a personal level.