Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Heart Art...


"...We name life 
in relation to whatever we step out from when we
open the door, and whatever comes back in on its own."
-- from the poem No Ideas But In Things 
by Jessica Greenbaum

This piece is just an exercise in frustration for me. It's what happened after a long day of working on another painting that I was very excited about when I started it. When I came up for air and actually looked at it hours later, I was ... not so much. :(  Something happened between the idea I had when I started and the thing that transpired onto the canvas. So I put that away to let it rest for another day. I haven't given up on it but I'm not ready to go back to it right now. *sigh*

Not wanting to leave the studio just yet, I decided to slap some paint down with my hands on some watercolor paper just to see what would come of it. I love to use my hands as a paintbrush when I get into a mood... After a few minutes I thought I saw the outline of a heart and took it from there. Voila. Frustration worked out...  

I had a selection of poems on my desk that I have been using for inspiration and the quote I used at the top of the post has really stuck with me. Those are the last lines from the poem and I love them. I'm working on a couple of paintings right now. Hopefully something can be salvaged from one of them. 

11 comments:

Bill said...

Well this one is simply gorgeous! I guess success can come when we least expect it. I'm so glad you've posted another painting. It's beautiful!

Pam Tucker said...

Thank you, Bill! Sometimes I think I just try too hard and end up with a mess. Here I was just having fun! ;-)

Netty said...

Loving your wonderful heart porthole....oooh you were so beautifully inspired. x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is really something from the heart - LOVE it! Valerie

Carol said...

Love the heart!!!! Sometimes just playing is what we we need to balance ourselves. .

EVA said...

Oh, this in beautiful! And to have it come so easily and playfully after so much frustration - awesome!!

Martin said...

Oh, another evidence for the fact that you need a burning heart to create art. I think your painting is great, maybe especially as you did it spontaneously.

Unknown said...

I love the words to this poem- perfect metaphor for life and how we get back what we give.....your painting is beautiful too!

Christine Krauss said...

Pam, I think this is one of my all-time favs of yours! It is quite powerful in it's simplicity and so utterly gorgeous that I find myself not wanting to leave it. Utterly sublime! Beyond gorgeous! Love and hugs xxx

Pat Tillett said...

I really really like it. It looks like it fell.

Pam Tucker said...

Oh, thank you all for your wonderful comments! They mean so much to me! :-)