Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tempest

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted. I've been taking a little down time. I haven't been feeling very artistic lately so I have used this time to get caught up on some reading. It's amazing the number of books I've been zipping through with my Nook, and I've missed that. I used to read so much more than I do now. I was also able to get some great poetry books (real ones, not ebooks) and have been using those as inspiration for some art pieces I'm excited to start working on. Plus I've really enjoyed just sitting and listening to the playlist on my Ipod. Heavenly!

I've been through these dry times before. This one is about to come to an end. The poetry and the music and the reading have all helped to re-fill my artistic well. And I'm starting two new courses: Mixed Media Faces by Monica Zuniga at Hands and Heart Ning site and Towers and Turrets, taught by Sharon Tomlinson and Deryn Mentock at All Norah's Art Ning site. Both look to be great boosts to my Muse!

I put together the little digital piece at the top of this post today. I thought I was going to enter it for Kimmie's digital challenge this week at Digital Whisper Ning site but I just realized it wasn't what she was asking for! We were given the image of the lady and were supposed to do her up her in a Teesha Moore style. Oops! I was just in a darker mood, I guess. So I used elements and papers from Tangie Baxter at Scrapbook Graphics (her Tempest kit). Appropriately enough, I call this one, "Tempest".

Hopefully other things going on here behind the scenes have calmed down enough so that I can really concentrate on these two classes this week. The videos are starting to go up and I am looking forward to sitting down with those and trying out the lessons. Hope to have more to show you real soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your back and your well is full! I do love this piece...love where this image has taken you.

Enjoy the classes...look forward to your artwork!

Jackie said...

I love your darker side. This is an awesome digital piece! I go through these times as well. I love my nook and it is so easy to read with it because books are so accessible. I guess you could could say I get a little distracted but art pulls me back . I am looking forward to taking these classes as well and having you there will be double fun :)

Junibears said...

I love your picture. It's very beautiful.
I often have a 'dry' spell, then something pops up and it's all go again.
I hope you enjoy your classes.
xx

Lori Saul said...

I like what you did with this image- you can feel the storm brewing.. I too have been trying to read more and take walks and do the things I used to do. Autumn is coming fast and again the wheel turns. So good to see your new creation Pam!

Bill said...

I'm sure Teesha goes through dark periods, too. I love the picture! Very brooding.

The classes you're taking sound interesting. I'm taking Suzi Blu's new mermaid class. Oh my!

Kay Graham said...

Wow Pam, I really like the "Tempest"..Hey, I am interested in taking the Towers & Turretsbut due to monies I can't right now...Will you let me know how you like it??? Please..I talked with them and said I would probably try & start it in Dec.Ends on the 27th...You can email me through Gary's site if you will..Glad to see you are re=energized!!! Talk soon!! Kay